The Objectives of the Society
- To encourage and stimulate basic research and clinical Investigations in the field of Thoracic medicine and surgery as they pertain to our environment with the aim of applying results obtained to the care of patients.
- To improve the quality and practice of Thoracic medicine and surgery in Nigeria by promoting the professional development of those involved in the practice of an allied profession.
- To provide a forum for the exchange and dissemination of scientific ideas and research work among its members and the medical profession.
- To promote the advancement of training of medical doctors and allied professions related to Thoracic medicine in Nigeria.
- To regulate the practice of Thoracic medicine by members of the Society, including the establishment and enforcement of standards of conduct, ethics, and practice for members.